Meet The Staff
Dr. Michael Hanifen, B.S., D.C.
An exceptionally talented Chiropractor whose passion and personality help every patient achieve a level of health and ease sought after by so many.
As a Chiropractor, Air Force Veteran and member of the community he feels a duty to help everyone achieve their personal health care goals.
- Thompson Drop
- 2004 - Total Solutions Graduate
Chiropractic Leadership Alliance
Certificate: Surface Electromyography (sEMG) and Thermography interpretation & analysis
- 2000-2004 – Palmer College of Chiropractic, Davenport, IA
Degree: Doctor of Chiropractic
Graduated with a 3.5 GPA
- 2000-2002 – Palmer College of Chiropractic, Davenport, IA
Degree: Bachelor of Science
Graduated with a 3.69 GPA
- 1991-1996 – Community College of the Air Force
Degree: Associates in Applied Science
Graduated with a 3.6 GPA
- 2006- Present: Owner/President, North Star Chiropractic Wellness Center, LLC
- 2004 - 2006: Independent Chiropractor
- The Hill Clinic, A Chiropractic Office
- Anchorage, AK
- 2003 – 2004 – Top Student Doctor
- Palmer College Main Clinic
- Davenport, IA
- 2003 – Palmer College of Chiropractic Clinic Abroad
- Salvador, Brazil
- Adjusted 170 Brazilians in a 4 Days
- 1991 – 2000 – Honorable Discharge, United States Air Force (USAF)
University Service/ Special Training:
- 2000 – 2003 - Top Radiology Intern, Palmer College of Chiropractic
- Gross Anatomy I, Lead Lab Assistant, Palmer College of Chiropractic
- Renaissance Patient Education Teacher / Mentor (300 hours)
- America Reads and Junior Achievement Teacher / Mentor
Awards and Distinctions
- 2002 – 2004 - Dean’s and President’s Honor List, Palmer College of Chiropractic
- 2004 – Palmer College, Clinical Excellence Award nominee
- 2000 – 2001 - All-American Scholar Collegiate Award Recipient
- 1991 – 2000 - 2 Air Force Commendation Medals, 2 Air Force Achievement Medals, 3 Outstanding Unit Awards, 2 Good Conduct Medals, National Defense Service Medal, Armed Forces Expeditionary Medal, Southwest Asia Service Medal, The Military Outstanding Volunteer Service Medal, Overseas Short Tour Ribbon, Overseas Long Tour Ribbon, 2 AF Longevity Service Awards, NCO Professional Military Education Graduate, M-16 Rifle marksman, AF Training Ribbon, Kuwait Liberation Medal
- 1996 – Distinguished Graduate, Airman Leadership School, Eielson AFB, Alaska
Licensures & Certifications
- US National Board Certified; Chiropractic
- Alaska State Chiropractic License
- CPR as Professional Rescuer, Community CPR, and Community First Aid and Safety.
Association & Memberships
- World Chiropractic Alliance
- Anchorage Chamber of Commerce Member & Ambassador
- Chiropractic Leadership Alliance
- Alaska Chiropractic Society
- Palmer College of Chiropractic International Alumni Association
- Palmer College of Chiropractic Student Alumni Foundation
- International Pediatric Chiropractic Association
Meet The Staff
Our warm, fun loving office manager. Paula worked for the world famous Palmer College of Chiropractic, in Davenport, IA, while Dr. Hanifen was in attendance. She has an in-depth first hand knowledge of what makes a great Chiropractic office and strives to keep North Star Chiropractic at the forefront of customer service.
Who better to handle all of your (and our) billing needs than someone who has years of experience? Jeanne is a meticulous individual. Her training and work experience shine and she strives to do the best job possible. Jeanne will make sure your account with us is taken care of in a gentle, efficient manner. Jeanne is currently enrolled in a certified coding and billing degree program.
Symphony is a born and bred Alaskan. She is a delightful young lady that is eager to help. She will greet you with a warm smile and ensure your scheduling goes as smoothly as possible. She is always eager to answer insurance questions and is very well versed in office policy. Count on her to take great care of your reception needs with a smile.
Meet The Massage Therapist
North Star Chiropractic Wellness Center, LLC offers massage therapy by licensed massage therapists. In addition to being trained as massage therapists, our massage staff received additional education regarding Chiropractic Care. This additional training allows the therapists to communicate and cooperate with Dr. Hanifen to assist in coordinated comprehensive recovery.
There are many reasons why massage can be very beneficial. It helps to increase the effectiveness of a chiropractic adjustment by helping to relax tight muscles. Therapeutic Massage also helps to increase general relaxation, reduce anxiety, alleviate certain types of muscular pain, and even helps to improve circulation and increase cellular nutrition. Massage therapy can be a very important addition to a chiropractic adjustment.
Gayle has 5+ years of experience all in Chiropractic offices. She has a delightful personality and has amazing hands. She can be as gentle needed, but has the strength for deep tissue as well. She continues to learn and grow and is very interested in utilizing the massage technique that will benefit her patients the most.